Make your Robot Rally robot drive 7 laps around a 7 foot long track.
- Make a track with black electrical tape that is at least 7 feet long on a light background (white is preferable).
- Program your robot to follow a line using our example or start from scratch.
- Get creative and get faster!
- Shortest time to complete 7 laps wins!
- Get seconds subtracted from your total by doing Bonus “tricks!”
- Earn 7 seconds off your time for each unique “trick” your robot does in the challenge.
- You can earn a max of 5 trick bonuses.
- Trick examples include reversing direction on the track, doing a 360-degree spin, or washing your dishes…get creative!
- The entry with the most impressive trick will receive an extra 7 seconds off their time for a total of 42 seconds off!
How to enter:
- Video your best attempt using a digital video camera or smartphone.
- Email the video (or a link) to email@example.com, share it in the Young Engineer Series Facebook group, or add it in a comment below.
- Entries are due by April 20th (The day before Easter).
- Prizes will be awarded in three age categories: 8 and under, 9 to 14, and 15 to 18
- Just for fun, we also want to see entries from adults!
- Winners will receive a special-edition tee shirt and a coupon for a free Young Engineer Series project box!